On its first fire call after being pressed back into service, Metroplex Pumper and crew rushed to Wilson Street, San Juan City, Metro Manila a little before midnight, 31 October 2008.
Fire destroyed an ancestral home in San Juan City around 12 a.m Friday as village authorities warned homeowners against leaving electrical appliances plugged and burglars while taking their All Saints and All Souls Day holidays this weekend.
No one initially knew about the owner of the house that was mostly made of wood in Little Baguio as flames consumed it at midnight.
“There’s usually no one there especially during holidays,” a neighbor named Doring Reyes said.
True enough, firefighters and other rescuers saw nobody rushing form the burning house.
Moments later, a woman named Felicidad Uy, the house’s owner, two of her maids and a driver were seen running from the back of the compound.
Authorities said no casualties were reported during the one-hour fire.
Officials of the San Juan fire department, meanwhile, said they suspect that an electrical short circuit caused the blaze.